Guys, this morning I was planning on sharing a recipe for a tasty sweet potato, avocado, quinoa dish I made for dinner last night. But laziness got the best of me and dinner consisted of a frozen Trader Joe’s cheese quiche and 4 episodes of Manzo’d with Children while I lounged on the couch, so that didn’t happen.
Then, I was going to be creative and whip up a scrumptious breakfast smoothie this morning with leftover ingredients in my fridge, but as soon as I saw the spinach I had went bad, I was all like, meh. And just warmed up some kashi hot cereal instead (still scrumptious, I might add!).
So, I don’t have any good food or fitness wisdom to impart today. Also, I read this lady’s blog and it really helped me put this whole healthy, foodie, fitness blogger thing into perspective. On that note, I thought I’d just share 10 things that are making me smile today!
- This song. AJ and I are big Jon McLaughlin fans, we’ve seen him in concert multiple times and even though this duet with Sara Bareilles is a bit of an oldie, it’s a goodie! I have been playing it on repeat all week.
- This picture. I was scrolling through my Instagram and came across this one of our living room from last December. To say I love Christmas is an understatement, and I can’t wait for the holidays- the decorations, the music, the movies – looove it!
- This recipe. Before we get to Christmas, however, I need to enjoy the last of the warm weather with this refreshing blended lemonade. How amazing does this sound?
- This store. As my new shoes might have indicated, I love me some J.Crew Factory. The fact that I’m on their mailing list and they almost constantly have sales is not good news, but I do try to control myself. Some weeks I’m just better at it than others.
- This shirt. Sums up my life and I need it.
- This tutorial. My eye makeup will never, ever look this good unless I pay someone to do it, but it’s fun to think that maybe I can try a different make up look. Right now my look varies between Makeup and No Makeup.
- This nailpolish. I found Essie Watermelon to be my go-to color this summer, looks great on fingers and toes! It’s not limited to summer either, I fully plan to wear this year round. In fact, I should probably get a post-half-marathon mani/pedi on the books.
- This ice cream. Helloooo, wine and ice cream? Sign me up now, por favor.
- This banana slicer. Please scroll down and read the customer reviews and comments. Cannot stop laughing. “You think I have the energy to slave over your damn bananas? I worked a 12 hour shift just to come home to THIS?!” …The minute I heard our 6-year-old girl in her bedroom, re-enacting our daily banana fight with her Barbie dolls, I knew we had to make a change.
- This reminder. I am, like, so guilty of this it’s not. even. funny. I can’t tell you how many outfits I have in my closet that I haven’t worn all summer because I’m saving them for “just the right” event. Or candles I haven’t burned because I like the way they look and don’t want to use them all up (I mean, duh, just go buy a new candle). When I think about it, it seems so silly not to enjoy these small little pleasures day-to-day.
How About You?
What’s making you smile today?