Hi there, I hope you all had a nice weekend! Since yesterday was Valentine’s Day, there’s a good chance some of you have flowers adorning your house this week – whether they’re from a significant other, a Galentine, or you decided to treat yourself to some pretty buds (I do that all the time!), you’ll want to make sure to keep them looking their best. Here’s 5 easy ways to do just that 🙂
- Cut all flower stems at an angle.
- Remove the lower leaves from the stems. You won’t want any in the water because they will pollute the water as they decompose.
- Always use a clean vase to avoid any bacteria from infecting your flowers.
- Change the water every other day.
- Treat the water using one of these methods:
- Add a penny to the vase, the copper acts as an antibacterial agent.
- Add 3 tablespoons of sugar and 2 tablespoons of white vinegar to each quart of water.
- Add a few drops of vodka plus 1 teaspoon of sugar.
How About You?
What are some of your tips and tricks to keeping freshly cut flowers alive and well?